Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine's Party 2013


I didn't want to flood facebook with pics, but I wanted to share our Valentine's Day with you. Shiloh did a lot of work for our homeschool co-op's Valentine's Party. :o)

We cut and folded scrapbook paper and stamped homemade Valentine's cards.




Shiloh (and I -- not gonna lie, those are a lotta hearts) cut and sewed together little heart pillows to attach to glue dots on the inside of the card. They turned out so cute, I think!


She kept saying "I love to sew. Sewing is so relaxing." Hey, I'll take anything that Shiloh finds relaxing!


 Front of the card, little random heart stamps.

And the inside -- sweet!

We ended up making forty Valentines. That was a lot of hearts!



At the party, there were snacks. We made chocolate cupcakes with white, pink and red icing arranged in the shape of a heart (sorry, no picture) and chocolate chip cookies. We made the cupcakes to share, and this time, I failed to advertise that they were gluten free and color-dye free maybe on purpose, and they were almost all gone by the time we got to them! I made a typical buttercream icing but added strawberry juice to make the pink icing and just a few drops of beet juice to make the red icing. No one knew the difference! Hah! And it looks like these two goobers enjoyed the snacks as well. How cute are they with chocolate all in their teeth?!




Working on one her three crafts. I didn't get a good after photo, but she got to hammer some nails into a board with this one. It took quite a long time. :o)


Shiloh's Valentine's box. We glued pink yarn on the front, yellow construction paper decorated with hand-drawn jewels and swirls all around, and a foam crown with jewels and sequins. Fitting for a princess. :o)


Lastly, another craft. Jewels glued on scrapbook paper and framed. It's a diamond. (nudge, nudge.) ;o)


A few random pictures from the past week or so. 

This one I posted on facebook. I told Shiloh that Rick was coming home and she parked it in front of the window saying "I'm looking out the window looking for the Daddy." :o)


Also, I finished this blanket. I. Love. It. It was my most favorite that I've made maybe ever. I made it for my friend Christina's new baby. I learned the entrelac knitting pattern, which looks like strips woven over and under the others, but it's all made in one piece. It's so neat! However, I've never liked the way that knitting looks on the back. I saw a blanket similar to this one online and they had sewn minky fabric onto the back, making it a quilt. They had bound the edges, but I didn't want to do that, it seemed too bulky to me, so I just made a wide straight stitch border to define the edges. It felt so nice, I had serious second thoughts about giving it away. ;o) I know Christina's baby Isabella will love it, though, so I managed to part with it, but I'm definitely going to be making more of these. :o)



Lastly, look at this cutie while out on a walk the other day when it wasn't snowing, raining or the mid-70s and breezy. :o) I have more pictures of her, but they were on my other phone that was recently lost, and I had been too lax in transferring the images to the computer, so they were lost along with my phone. :o( I had given my mom what was on there, though, when were in KY about a month ago, so she'll send them to me (right, Mom?!) so they won't be lost forever. :o)


Happy early Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment