I left the house this afternoon with makeup on only half of my face. This is the kind of day we've had today. And yesterday, really. The van needed repairs yesterday and they gave us a loaner vehicle, a Toyota Prius. I was surprised how much I liked it, but it was so counter-intuitive! I couldn't figure anything out! I was sitting in a parking lot, on the phone with the dealership, telling them that the car wasn't working because it was making no noise whatsoever. Not a single hum. I was convinced it was broken. The very nice and patient man in the service department, though, filled me in on how a Prius works, and that if I would try to push the gas pedal, I would see that the car was, in fact, on. He was right. It was on the whole time. Tricky stuff.
Dropping aforementioned loaner vehicle off this morning brought more mishaps -- I made it all the way back home before I realized that I'd left my car charger in the loaner, and had to go back and get it. By the time we got back to the house for good, it was time for gymnastics, so the girls were getting ready and I was putting on my makeup. "Mom can you fix my hair?" Sure, dear. "I need help finding my shoes!" Remember to pack books, Put the dog in her crate, Make sure you have your socks for the trampoline, Go downstairs and get in the van, Buckle up, we're on our way! Now we're halfway to the class when I realize I never finished putting on my makeup. Forreal. Literally, foundation on only half of my face.
But, it's all good. We get to do fun things and enjoy being on the go, seeing our friends, being involved in things and having fun together. So what if I look like I'm preparing for a costume party. It happens. :o)
Speaking of which, here's what we've done these past few days:
Courtesy of Hurricane Arthur, we actually had a few really amazing days here in the Midwest. We took advantage of them by going to the park:
SarahMae called these her "carrot sticks." She pretended that one was a carrot and the other was a peeler and that she was peeling carrots for everyone.
Any my new phone has a cool feature that allowed me to capture this. That's pretty neat! I can't believe I actually got them both jumping in the air at the same time!
Fourth of July preparations -- making tie-dye tshirts. Shiloh really enjoyed this and did it all herself.
SarahMae also enjoyed...standing next to me while I made hers and smiling for the camera, taking all the credit. :o)
And when we arrived at the park for said fireworks show, I tried to get them to stand together to take a picture. Key word tried. I was successful in that I was able to take an actual picture in which the two of them stood. More than that, not so much.
And, seriously -- Shiloh's face in this one? Pure joy if I've ever seen it!
Shiloh also had ballet camp the week of the Fourth. Here's a pic of her dancing, then one with some of her friends. She was beyond excited that they had a Musical Theater class where they got to perform dances from showtunes!
The fifth was also my birthday! I'm 29 again, I love how that happens! My family knows
A knitting book and a Homeschool Mom's Devotional Bible. I love these so far!
I haven't started these yet, but I read about them on Christian Post and was totally intrigued. One is a memoir of a girl who escaped a fundamentalist cult, but is still following Jesus and the other is about adoption and American society. More serious, to be sure, but nonfiction is sort of my thing. :o)
For a few years, they used to bring me breakfast in bed. I have some stomach issues, and can almost never eat first thing in the morning, especially eggs and bacon and the whole bit. I have to be awake for awhile before I can handle something like that. So, my wonderful family instead made me a strawberry-banana birthday smoothie. It was so good!
I hope you all enjoyed your Fourth of July weekend!


























No comments:
Post a Comment