...you put on your headphones and make a post!
Okay, so maybe you were looking for something a little more philosophical than that, but not today.
We've had a spectacular day (truly, we have -- big smiles, great moods, it's been awesome!), but the Little Man got startled only 20-ish minutes into a nap by Shiloh having a mega-sneeze in the next room and hasn't been able to be calmed down. I've soothed, I've talked, I've walked, I've checked diapers, not anywhere CLOSE to time for a bottle, so he's crying it out. I hate doing it, but he's going to scream whether or not I'm holding him and I need a little bit of a break. boo. I babysit Little Man during the week, and he has a history of colic, so this isn't totally out of the ordinary, but I had thought we were sort of out of the woods. :oP
Music: "Hangin On" by Britt Nicole :o)
Then, when I went to YouTube to get the video, I found this:
80s videos were so creepy sometimes, what with the shadowy figures and random hands and such. hm.
I'm also listening to a certain 5 yr-old singing a song to the tune of "The Wise Man Built His House Upon The Rock" except she has changed the words to "Why's My Hat Backwards On The Clock." :o)
What do you guys do when you NEED a minute? Do you go outside and take a deep breath? Do you read a book? Go to your room and close the door? Have a good cry? I've found for me, I have to just leave. Leave the room. Go somewhere quiet, pray a quick prayer something to the tune of "HELP ME PLEASE!" and take a few deep breaths. Listen to some music. Get on the computer for a minute. Alone. It helps.
We all have those times when being a mom (or caretaker of little ones) pushes your buttons and makes you want to scream. I have found, though, that it's SO important to have a plan, something that you know will allow you to press the "restart" button and come back ready to try again.
Speaking of which, I think it's time for me to go try again with Little Man. I feel better now, maybe he does, too. :o)
Update: He calmed down enough for a bottle, then had a huge dirty diaper, and is currently asleep in his car seat, after having a lengthy conversation with an orange washrag. I'm glad he feels better. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment